Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Troller Coaster

So NOFX's new album is called Coaster. That's ironic, because the last time I saw Fat Mike, he signed my Me First and the Gimme Gimmes coaster. Maybe I inspired him. Or more likely, he doesn't remember meeting me because he was drunk out of his mind. Oh well. The irony is enough to make me smile.

This is going to be added to the list of albums I can't wait for in '09. I've given The Gaslight Anthem another go and they're actually pretty good, I think. My mom said they sound like Springsteen...wannabes. She doesn't like The Boss to begin with. We're all entitled to our opinions.

I disagreed with my mom's last night, but on a different subject. See, my brother, Zane, bought concert tickets to go see David Archuleta in Richmond, VA. The concert is today. My mom decided that he shouldn't go because he didn't hold up his end of the deal, which was to do all of his work in school and behave. Well he acted up the other day and defied his teacher in some manner. I told her that I agreed with her decision zero percent. I said "Let's put you in his shoes. Let's break your hips, have your sister move in, say you're going to Aruba in a few days, and see how you perform at work. Oh, and let's also say that everyone hates what you are (in my brother's case, being gay). I can't blame him for defying his teacher when they defy what he is every day." My mom then hugged me, told me that she loved me and that I'm a really good brother. And then she told my brother that she was going to let him go.

Zane doesn't need something else in his life to tell him that what he does is wrong. I'm sure the teacher was partially guilty in why Zane was acting up, knowing that if he did and they called home, he wouldn't be allowed to go. I hate homophobic teacher politics.

It's taking me hours to write this. It's 7:40 now, so you do the math based on when it says this was posted on how long it's taken me. Okay, I'm calling it a night for now.

love,
Kyle

No comments: