Friday, December 12, 2008

Ketchup is Mustard!

I earlier asked you if you found yourself attracted to someone that stood for everything you hate or something like that. Well have you ever found that something you so strongly believed wasn't always true (like Santa, Easter Bunny, Toothfairy, Jesus)? I did yesterday. It wasn't about how something wasn't real, it was more like a newsflash saying that the twin towers were actually hit by giraffes. So what did I find out? That scene girl I was talking about is interesting. Did you know that was possible? A scene kid (I'm wondering if she even is now) that has good English skills and talks well and holds conversation and agrees that major labels suck the life out of bands? I think I've found it. Maybe she's a punk/scene hybrid or something. I don't even know, but she said she'd listened to D4 over the summer and that when I let her listen to Propagandhi, she loved them.

I hope she doesn't read my blog...I think only guys my age (and who I know) read this. I should be safe. If she does, she's gonna be like "He's talking about me! I'm no scene bitch!" and then all of yesterday's afternoon will have gone to waste. But anyway, some cool things, some of which I've already mentioned.
-she hasn't seen a shit ton of scene bands in her life (I've seen way more of them than she has)
-she lives like 5 minutes away
-she rides the same bus as I
-she's new! (that means no history of being awkward around each other or any of that shit)

And if she does read this, then I want her to know that I'm sorry for making fun of her ever since I first saw her for looking like a scene kid. I'm a prejudice motherfucker (see most recent blog post). Oh, about that last blog, I wish I never had to say this and everyone would automatically get my humor, but I'm totally pro-gay and gay rights are the new black or women rights. I can't wait for the day.

Back to this girl, I really don't know that much about her or anything, so I'm not predicting anything or jumping to any conclusions or anything like that, but I must say that it's about time I've found someone that interests me at all. She took two classes of German. What isn't interesting about that? A lot of things, maybe, but I've had this on-going obsession with the German language. So am I expecting to start dating next week, get married, and have kids? Fuck no. That would be retarded. If anything, this is a message to me saying "Hey! Everyone in the world isn't boring!" It's about time something worth looking at and thinking about has washed up on the Frankfort shore. It's about fucking time I've felt something is worth while.

And let me be completely straight with you. I haven't ever talked to this girl in person. We just started messaging each other on MySpace yesterday and then it went to AIM. Will I talk to her next week? If I have anything to do with it you bet I will. Talking to someone on the internet means NOTHING (or at least next to nothing) in the love-life world. You have to physically meet them first, so don't give me your "e-Harmony worked for me!" bullshit. You didn't get married online, you found out that they exist and share interests with you online. Fuck you.

And another thing. If she IS scene, but has a nice personality and taste in music, then that's more than good enough for me. You see, I thought that all scene kids sucked before because anyone with any common sense knows that being a scene kid means you have to be a moron, but maybe the scene kids that you always see are the idiots and there are some underground ones that are cool. So yeah, scene kid + personality + good taste in music = weird, but a straight line is not always the shortest distance between two points. I still don't think I'd like Paramore if I gave them a chance, though. The whole pop singer singing over punk music thing and not being influenced by any real punk bands kind of just annoy me.

[parishiltonisametaphor is my favorite D4 song. Yeah, I said it.]

So yeah, this blog was about girls and music. It's what I'm good at, it's what I think the most about, and it's going to be what I write about. Do you know every song I write (save You Hurt My Feelings - emo kids, What's New? - Jews, and Get a Clue - Blue's Clues) is about girls? Or lack of girls? I'm just that lame, but lots of great bands write about girls. Green Day used to do it all of the time and they were fucking amazing. So fuck you if you don't like The Queers because they write about girls. You're a nazi.


That's all I've got today, but I think that's significant, since it was a change in the outlook in my life. Tomorrow, I either rehearse with I Forget or go watch another band rehearse and watch Step-Brothers. Either one sounds very productive, so I'm looking forward to it.


love,
Kyle

No comments: