Sunday, August 9, 2009

Drinking to keep from heaving

This was an eventful weekend of sorts! And I also feel it was an overall positive weekend. So this is how it all played out...

So on Friday night, I got to talk to Katie and hear that she had a reason for signing up for the Navy in that she's unhappy living the life she's living now. Hearing a straightforward and honest answer and hearing that she'd still like me to be a part of her life made my week a lot more enjoyable. I was stressed out pretty bad over that whole thing...so we'll take it from here.

Then I stayed up 'till 2 AM and had to wake up at 6:30 AM! That was just great. I have to get up at 6:30 tomorrow morning, too. Fuckin' cross country. Well on Saturday I ran my first 5K race thing. I got like 24:18. I was 48th of 117 people. I guess I'm mediocre for now. However, this is the first time I've ever played a "sport" in my life, so give me a break. I'm generally a very lazy person.

Later on Saturday, after sleeping for hours, I went to Caleb's birthday party. There we uhh...well, I played a lot of guitar and sang a lot and realized I've yet to get my highest vocal chords back. And we sat around a fire and Caleb and Jim burned their feet and Tim and I laughed at their expense. It was an overall good time at least for me. Only complaint is that my leg muscles still are sore, but at least I don't have second degree burns on my feet.

Then I slept, dreamt, ate breakfast, went home, slept, and watched Gran Torino. Man, that's a fucking epic movie. Clint Eastwood will be badass until the day he dies. Guess that's all I have to say there.

And I guess that's basically all there is to know about me right now. Yep. Don't have the slightest fucking clue what I'm doing this week.

love,
Kyle

No comments: