Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I hate this stupid fucking drum beat

As you may have heard, Warren Oakes has left/been fired from Against Me! What does this mean to you? Perhaps nothing, but the next time you hear "Stop!" remember that the guy who played that uhnn tiss beat is gone from the band and it will never quite be the same played again by another drummer. Bummer. I hear they're auditioning Hot Water Music's drummer? They're both from Gainesville, so that'd make sense. I'm pretty certain HWM has an excellent drummer. Umm...and some people made some funny jokes about Warren leaving like "Tom really must have hated his stupid fucking drum beat" which to those of you who aren't familiar with Against Me! songs or lyrics, that's a lyric to "Turn Those Clapping Hands Into Angry Balled Fists." AM! humor. Also, Warren has opened a restaurant and someone asked if he'd be serving "Potoatoes, Rice, and Bread" or "Mediocre Pears" or "Mutiny on the Eletronic Burger" or some shit. More band song title humor. I said that they should go for the "our drummer is the awkward ex of our singer's wife" approach and get Glenn Porter to play drums for htem, who was Alkaline Trio's original drummer and used to date Tom Gabel's wife, Heather Gabel WHO designed Alkaline Trio's heart logo as well as like every other logo of theirs, she designed stuff for AFI, Green Day, Hot Water Music, The Lawrence Arms, The Falcon, Sundowner, and other random bands and stuff and I had no idea until I saw her entire collection that all of that was done by one person. Tom, you have an excellent wife. Keep your band from mutinizing on your electronic bay. Heh.

Aside from Warren, I had a personal life today, too. I was to go to Megan's and finally get this hair cut off today after she got back from Rocky Gap. She was to call/text me. She went there around 2:30 and immediately it started raining, so she went off with her friends someplace else and fucked all of her plans up. SO! I'm going over tomorrow at 2 PM with no set backs. She apologized. Thank you, Megan. I forgive you. All is well. We have all fucking summer, though I'd really like to get rid of this hair as soon as fucking possible.

So did I mention that Katie told me that she couldn't go see Paramore and that I should take Megan? Well she said that, so I ask Megan if she'd like to go and she says sure, so I'm now taking Megan. Katie tells me last night that she can go after all. I felt bad and didn't want to tell either of them no, so what did I do? I bought Katie a ticket this morning. So now I'm going with the both of them. This should be interesting. km and mg. Yeaaaaah, metric system.

I've been testing my US geography skills and have determined I need to work on Wisconsin, Wyoming, and Missouri and make sure I'm 100% certain on all of my New England states, though I think I have it down pretty well. I know the four that touch in one place are Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, and Arizona. People think that knowing where punk bands are from and shit will never do me any good, but it helps with my geography and knowledge of what cities are in what states very well. Suck my punk dick, you people that can't label Florida. I need to work on Nebraska, too, but I think I actually have it down. There's Illinois, uhh...something to the left of it underneath of Iowa, and then Nebraska to the left of that.

I've been treating goats with pinkeye this week and they look like they belong in I Am Legend. Disgusting. Have you ever seen a goat with pinkeye? Google it or something. It's horrifying. I'm so fucking tired, which is good since I have to wake up, feed the animals, and get to Megan's house by 2. My hair will finally be off of my head.

Did something else special happen today? I don't think it did. I Forget's new album, I'm tellin' ya. It's gonna blow some minds. Britnee did some guest vocals and it's gonna rock your fucking world. She sounds like she belongs on Radio Disney. We should tell everyone it's Demi Levado or fuckin' whatever.

Oh shit! Tim, Nick, and I went together to see The Hangover last night. We got there and there's this notice saying that the reel to the movie had like black scratches on it and they apologized for it. The guy working the window let us go in to see how bad it was and as we were going in, he said to my aunt, who was ready to pay, "I really don't care if they come back out. You can just go in, too." So the four of us went in for free. And we go in looking for a seat and someone starts calling me and there's fuckin' Jim, his mom, Sophie, Caleb, and Kayleigh (not my sister, Jim's cousin) calling for us! What are the odds? So we got in for free to watch a fucking great movie and meet up with our friends. Fucking epic. Couldn't have worked out more smoothly.

I live a pretty exciting life sometimes. I have to do shit for Mr. Cowgill's AP Government class all summer and I may be using this to put some of it on or whatever. I often lack material here anyway. OH! Paint It Black (the best modern hardcore band there is) is releasing a 7" through Fat Wreck Chords. That is like the most fucking epic thing to me. They're shown on the Fat Wreck roster. I. Fucking. Love. Paint It Black. Can't get over that. God, what a day. Tomorrow will be more eventful, even. I drummed until my hands bled today.

love,
Kyle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Warren leaving put me in quite a depression spell last night. I loved him and his beard.