Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry

I don't post that much and I'm lazy, I know. I've just not really felt like it, you know? And I'm not like Brendan who has a million followers that read his blog religiously every weekday, so what's my motivation, really?

So what's new with me? Well there's a decent chance I'm going to see Paramore and No Doubt. Yes, I'm slightly disgusted at myself, too, for the former, but we'll give it a shot. I won't give any other details unless it's been confirmed and my tickets are on the way. No Doubt will be amazing regardless.

What the fuck else? No one probably read my story thing. It was based on the Great Gatsby movie, so people that aren't familiar with The Great Gatsby probably had no idea what I was talking about, but it was for English class and everyone in there knew what it was about. Plus, Bill Buckner was a little ahead of Holden Caulfield's time, I know, but Mr. Alkire is a sports fan, and particularly a baseball fan, so it pleased him.

Green Day's new album is out and I still have to go get it. Everyone tells me I should just download it or not buy it at all, but it's like...it's Green Day, come on. It doesn't matter how commercial it sounds, it's Green Day. And the show Bones is saying that Black Beard the Pirate buried his treasure on Assateague Island. That's where I go to vacation with my dad. I find it strange that anyone on TV knows where the hell it is. It's the opposite of commercial. And it brings me to my next topic.

My dad has vacation to Assateague and Chincoteague Islands the week of Insubordination Fest, so I don't know what the fuck I'll do. It's Toys that Kill and Dillinger Four and a bunch of other bands, but they don't matter once you say D4 and TTK. How am I supposed to pass that up? If I see Paramore but not D4 and TTK, I'll be pissed at myself. I've seen D4 twice in the past 6 months, but I don't give a FUCK. This is a completely different thing. And D4 is my fave. Or one of my faves. Whatever. I gotta go. I'm really stressed out about it.

I. Hate. Vacations. You know what I'd be happiest doing in the summer? Touring with I Forget. All over the fucking country. But no. We can barely play our shows at home because of conflicting vacation dates. I don't want to go on vacation. It's not a break for me. It's stressful. A break is staying at home and hanging out with my friends and playing shows over the summer. Going to the beach with the family is the opposite of chill. It's fucking far way and I can't keep in contact with people and it's just...I don't like it. I'd rather go 6 hours to see Against Me! than go to the beach. Seriously. No competition. Nothing against the beach, but it's stressful going with my family. Do I make myself clear?

So I don't know what's going to happen...but I'll keep you updated just for records' sake. Speaking of records....I think we finished a song or two at Jason's on Monday. We also threw one out for this album. Maybe we'll bring it back later.

I have nothing to talk about!!!! I'm a horrible, horrible blogger and when I have off days, I don't have any advice to give because I have no one to ask for it! Brendan told some guy how to get his girlfriend back today. He's great at advice. I'm gonna start a Bredan Kelly religion. Maybe that's weird.

Do people dig up dead bodies and fuck on them?

love,
Kyle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait, fuck 'em or fuck on them?
I'd give a good guess and say people do both, possibly one after the other.