Monday, May 25, 2009

This one could maybe get me in trouble...but shit!

There are plenty things I'm about to disclose that I probably shouldn't publicly, but fuck it. I went to my first "party" last night. I wasn't really there for the party; Brittney and I were picking up a keyboard and there just happened to be a party going on.

So what happens is this: Brittney told Kara she'd pick her up when she got off of work and then we were stopping by Willie's to get a keyboard back from him. Alrighty. So we pick up Kara around 10:30 and then she tells us we need to go pick up Megan Greene. So! We call Megan to find out where she is and she gives us directions, even though Kara had just been to the same place she was the night before. Kara has a terrible, terrible memory or something. So we take a wrong turn on the way to pick Megan up and Kara says, "Hey! We're going the wrong way. We did this last night." Which was really helpful around that time. "Hey! This is where we turned around when we got lost!" Really.

So anyway, we eventually picked up Megan after a small detour and Kara started asking where villages are. I informed her that we live in an industrialized world and she's gotta go somewhere else to find a village. I swear sometimes...I don't even think I have to comment on this. Yadda yadda yadda, trip to Denny's, we eat us some food, Brittney and I freak out Megan, and then we go to Willie's. I drove, which was fun. So we went to Willie's and he and all of his friends are drunk and thought we were the cops. What a crew they were. Willie wrestled his friend, I knocked a bee out of the air and hit someone in the face with it, and his friend smashed it with his hand. If I were drunk, I wouldn't have enjoyed the drunk people as much. Weird being a straightedge kid at a party, but it was cool. We got our keyboard. We took Megan and Kara to Kara's house. It's almost like Tegan and Sara, ya know? Only they aren't lesbian sisters...

So that was my night, minus some details of people being fucking retarded. I went to Brittney's house and we stayed up 'till 4 on computers. Then! we woke up in time to get to Jason's by 1 pm. And then we recorded until like 6 and I came home and slept! It was really a nice couple of days. We've done a lot of recording in the past two days. Very productive. If someone wants to tell on me for being at a party, then they're stupid. Just sayin'. The only law I break is uhh...I steal forks from the high school. I was just having a nice day off and I don't think I should have to defend myself.

Anyway! This entire weekend was pretty badass. On Friday, Zane had a birthday party because it was his birthday. He's 15 now. He's been doing a little better recently, which is nice. On Saturday, I shoved horse manuer out of the back of a truck. Talk about a shit ton. Then I got paid $20 for it, took a shower, and went to Jim's where I hung out with Jim, Tim, Nick, Alex, and Amanda and we made movies. Here's an example of the movies they (and sometimes we) make.



I think I speak for all of us when I say that I want to continue making movies regularly because it's a lot of fun and I need something else other than music in my life, not that there's anything wrong with music.

I still haven't solved the Insubordination Fest problem yet. Grrr. I did buy tickets to see No Doubt and Paramore, if I didn't say that. Umm...and I Forget will be releasing a single from the new album soon. Keep your eyes and ears open! It's gonna be good! I won't tell you which song it is yet, but it has something to do with selling out.

I think that's all I've got for you tonight.

love,
Kyle

No comments: